Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Hard to believe that summer (& fall!) has come and gone so quickly. Where does the time go? It's so easy to get caught up in the daily stresses and events that we sometimes forget to stop and reflect on everything that we have to be thankful for. Since I make my students make lists and reflect on what they are thankful for, I figured I should probably do the same. So, here goes...my list of things that I'm continually thankful for:
-Family. Those near & far. My dad's side of the family will be spending this Thanksgiving with us. It doesn't happen often so I am so happy to see them.
-Friends. Let's be honest...when #1 on the list starts to get on your last nerve, it's good to have your friends there. My friends are family to me, so I could have included them in the first section.
-A job that I love. Some days it's the reason for my tears and stress, but through all the mess I feel so lucky to have 40 little friends in my life every single day. The little quirks that they have and funny things that they say remind me that sometimes it's OK not to take life too seriously. They are sunshine in my life each day.
-Good health. I feel so blessed that myself, friends, and family are all in good health and spirits. How fortunate we all are.
-The ability to travel & get away from the daily grind.
-Pretty weather. Blue skies & sunshine.
-Changing seasons. I love the changing of the leaves, the crispness in the air, and the Dallas snow that sometimes graces us :)
-my cute family dog, Beau :)
-Wine. Sometimes all you need is a glass of wine to clean up the mess that comes your way. Seems silly, but this year it's been especially true!
-A nice place to live, equipped with electricity. A 'power-free' lifestyle would bore me to tears.
-Technology. It makes everything easier. I'm addicted.
-The written word. Good books, quotes, magazines. Very relaxing!
-Laughter!
-Continuing education--still workin on that master's degree! Thankful to have the ability to do so.
I've got lots to be thankful for...some silly, some serious. But it's nice to stop every now and then remember that life is truly a wonderful gift.
No comments:
Post a Comment