After an early day on Friday of parent-teacher conferences, I went to the State Fair of Texas with Kris. We had such a blast. We didn't eat nearly as much as I thought we would, but I decided when you're surrounded by all sorts of fried stuff, it's difficult to figure out what to eat. So, I settled on mostly drinking and threw in a corn dog for good measure. We watched the pig races with Tiff & Hujo, saw some fireworks, marveled at the "exotic birds of the world" that flew out of the Ferris wheel, paddled around on a swan, and even tackled the Ferris wheel itself. Riding the Ferris wheel was probably the big feat of the night, or year. Kris and I are both terrified of heights, which leads me to wonder why did we even contemplate doing it in the first place? I thought we were going to be super awkward the whole time throughout the ride and not talk due to fear and anxiety, but it ended up being a pleasant experience. Plus, the view of the fair at nighttime was so pretty! Overall it was a great time.
Carnies + signs = spelling fail
Trying not to look scared! Also, the man taking this picture apparently has never used a camera because he blocked half the flash leaving an awkward shadow. But, the important part is we have evidence of riding.
Hope everyone had an enjoyable, low-key weekend!
BAAHAAAHAAA I found you!
ReplyDelete