Yes, I'm already counting down to my next vacation. I don't know which is closer...the amount of time past since the first day of school, or the amount of time until my next vacation. Sad? Yes. True? Absolutely. But you know, the things I experience day-to-day this year just make me shake my head, cry a little inside, and try to conceal the bags under my eyes. I think for the first time, I can truly appreciate a vacation, a mental break, a re-boot.
This weekend is OU/tx. It's always such a fun weekend, yet somewhat depressing. OU/tx when you're in college is much different than when you're out. And it's scary to think that it's been 3 years since we experienced a "college ou/tx." But, it's still a blast and fun to re-connect with college friends and relive a weekend of debauchery that you can no longer recover from. Yes, the days of the brutal hangover are here to stay, my friends. Let's all take a moment of silence to mourn the days of hangover-free insanity.
On that note, it's a good thing that the following work week will be a 4-day week because I will need the time to recover. I'm looking forward to the game this weekend, Eli Young concert on Saturday after the game, and going to the fair the following week. Then it's only a couple of short weeks until VEGAS. Hopefully something fun/funny will occur sometime in the next month so I'll actually have a reason to stop slacking on the blog. Writing about the complaints of the daily grind gets kinda old, if ya know what I mean.
Get outside and enjoy the fall weather while it lasts! I'm holding on to every last bit of cool weather and sunny days before the heat strikes again or the bitter cold sets in. This is the perfect time of year...lovin life!
No comments:
Post a Comment