Friday, August 13, 2010

Blast from the Past

While up at work yesterday, I left my iphone plugged into my school iHome all day and found that the battery just drained so quickly once I took it out. In an effort to preserve my iphone's battery life, I decided to take the old ipod mini out of the drawer and test it out at school. Much to my surprise, it still worked!

This was a great idea for multiple reasons. 1. I didn't have to interrupt my music and pull the playlists back up every time someone called/texted. 2. I saved my iphone from battery damage, and 3. Old songs! There is just something great about hearing old songs that take you back to a certain time of your life, or even moment. I think it may have even increased my productivity 100%. Either that, or finally cleaning out my cabinets and getting organized...I'll stick with the music.

After a long 13 hours at work today, I feel like I have finally made some progress on my classroom. I forget how much time it takes to do little things. Sure, stapling things up into the wall doesn't seem like it would take that long, but for whatever reason, it DOES. It doesn't help that I spend a good portion of the day chatting with co-workers :)

The beginning of the year is always so much fun though! I'm excited for new kids, new routines, and just a brand new start. The countdown is on...10 days until the first day of school! Until then...riding summer out as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment